Drink Tank will be jumping offline and into the realms of the ‘real world’ with a public forum in Canberra on 1 May 2014 to examine the ways in which alcohol brands promote alcohol on Facebook, and the implications of such unregulated and powerful promotion.
The night will include a feature presentation from Dr Nicholas Carah from the University of Queensland who will discuss his soon-to-be released findings into the ways in with the alcohol industry uses Facebook.
Mumbrella Content Director, Tim Burrowes, YWCA Canberra Director of Corporate Relations & Communications, Joanna Allebone, and Zoo Advertising’s Head of Digital, Angelo Paonne will join Dr Carah in a lively discussion that will examine:
· How alcohol brands, as innovative digital advertisers use social media to their advantage
· The difficulties in regulating consumer created content around brands on Facebook
· The concerns around the current lack of regulation in online/social media
Join your host for the evening 666 ABC Canberra’s morning presenter; Genevieve Jacobs at this inaugural event, share your insights and be a part of the Drink Tank conversation.
Can’t make it to the event? Here are some ways in which you get involved from the comfort of your home:
· Use your smart phone shoot and send us a video question you would like to pose to our panellists. Send these to Phillipa.Blackwood@fare.org.au
· Join the conversation on Twitter by following @DrinkTankAu
· Post your thoughts about Alcohol Advertising and Promotion on Facebook on Drink Tank.
Like, Comment, Share: Alcohol advertising and promotion on Facebook
Law Theatre, Fellows Rd, Australian National University, Canberra
Thursday 1 May 2014
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Admission Free, but seats strictly limited. Refreshments provided.
RSVP: Stefany.Spyropoulos@fare.org.au or call (02) 6122 8600 by Friday 25 April