Welcome to Drink Tank, Australia’s conversation space about alcohol.
An initiative of the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE), Drink Tank aims to generate meaningful commentary and debate about alcohol policy, and to provide a platform for all members of the Australian community to share their views and concerns.
Our goal is for the Drink Tank community to engage in robust discussion about alcohol, highlighting a broad spectrum of views and voices, and ultimately to raise the profile of alcohol as an issue national of importance.
Interested in contributing to Drink Tank?
We’re looking for guest posts that present different perspectives on alcohol issues, and innovative solutions to alcohol problems. If you have something interesting to say, we’d like to hear from you.
While our goal is to showcase a range of issues, views and opinions, we’re not able to publish everything that’s submitted. We may decline to publish your article because of its quality, the relevance of your topic, because we have more posts than we can use, or because we’ve published a number of posts on the topic recently.
What should I write about?
Drink Tank posts work best when they are relevant to the overall theme of the blog—conversations about alcohol. There’s a lot of opportunity to explore different problems, views, aspects and angles in relation to alcohol, so please feel free to pitch your ideas to us.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ tone or voice at Drink Tank. We encourage you to convey your viewpoint or story in whatever way you feel works best for our readership – either through prose, video or still images.
A few pointers
We’ve put together some guidelines and suggestions to help you with your writing and ideas, and to increase the chances of your post being published on Drink Tank. Please make sure your post:
- Clearly conveys your opinion on an alcohol-related issue or topic;
- Includes all the information (such as links) that you want the published version of your post to include;
- Includes a headline, body text, and your byline;
- Infringes no copyright laws; and
- Does not contain any threatening, racist, abusive, hateful, violent or obscene language. Posts that discriminate or denigrate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender-preference, religion or disability will not be accepted.
If you’d like to contribute to Drink Tank, flick us an email at [email protected] or fill in the form below: